St. Lewis Cathedral from Jackson’s Square in the French Quarter.
Here are some (mundane) images from my trip last weekend. I will be posting some of the interesting images later this week.
Well I am off to (already in) NO town for the weekend. And I leave you with this quote:
“It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase ‘As pretty as an Airport’ appear.”
I’ll probably not be posting a whole lot this weekend, but look for some cool photos to come later on this week.
I have amassed a huge list of links since the changes to this website and well without further adue:
- DELICIOUS BLOG: Import your iTunes into Library Delicious Library is an excellent app Check it out!
- Domestic life (kottke.org) Stumbling through life one meal at a time.
- YaGoohoo!gle – Search Combining the best of both worlds
- Tech info Blog!: Add a YaGoohoo!gle Search Box to Your Site and now how to impliment it on your site.
- Mohorovicic discontinuity WTF? aka MOHO (this was MW’s word of the day the other day.
- Binary Bonsai Ãˆ Archive Ãˆ How to Stop Spam on WordPress if you need it, I have had 0 problems with comment spam or trackback spam since switching to WP
- rc3.org | Making Firefox scream it really does work (for broadband users)
- Seiko’s e-Paper Watch Prototype : Gizmodo ?paper watch? looks cool though
- SI.com – More Sports – Lance preparing to announce retirement?
Read on, I’m sure anyone that is interested can see where this is going.
- Wireframes vs. page description diagrams – Signal vs. Noise (by 37signals)
Some good thoughts about what is useful and to whom.
- Wired News: Get Your Game Off Jenna Jamison’s… Video game? WOW!
- Bla-Bla Lists Ta-Da lists recreated in Java
- The Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW) Coincidence? I think not!
- Adaptive Path >> ajax what is this AJAX thing? directly from the people that counded the term
- Daring Fireball: Translation From PR-Speak to English of Selected Portions of Adobe’s ‘FAQ’ Regarding Their Acquisition of Macromedia John Gruber at his cynical best, ameusing read
- The Benefits of Process why have well established processes for design?
- The Coffee Fresh 2000 Hack having a coffee machine? intelligence meets boredom
- MacMerc.com: Adobe Photoshop Tip: Simple Transparent Desktop effect …without cheating this cool little effect showed up a couple of weeks ago, check out Flickr’s gallery on it.
- Internet Anxiety Disorder Anyone? I’ve got it, do you?
- How to get that perfect shave – Today, Weekend Edition – MSNBC.com EXCELLENT!
- Typographic Glass Ceiling The limitations of web design and typography
I talked briefly about some things that I wanted to add to this site. Well here is one of them. I had done one review in the past year and I want to expand on that. Every Monday I will try to publish a short review about something new, interesting or just unique. Working as a paramedic I have the opportunity to eat at anywhere in the entire county. Sometime this really sux, but most of the time it leads to some great experiences that I never would have gotten around to had I not wound up in some odd place because of whatever chain of events had lead me to the point in my day that I decide on lunch.
That being said I thought that I would start off this little review section by reviewing one of my favorite local restaurants. The Bonefish Grill
While there last Tuesday evening I enjoyed some of their specialties and Chef’s specials. They make and excellent (my favorite anyway) dirty martini with blue cheese stuffed olives.
The food: They specialize in fish, as you can tell by their moniker. Everything is excellent. I have not had a bad experience with either the food or the service ever! They have several things that make their experience unique. One is taht they have a list of several types of fish that they stock fresh every day that you can pair with any one of their sauces and your choice of side. Personally I prefer the lemon butter sauce. Anyway they have several chef’s specials that they change every few days. These are always amazing. For example the other day they had a Monkfish wrapped in prosciutto and covered in a mushroom and white wine sauce.
I strongly recommend The Bonefish Grill to anyone looking for a nice dining experience.
Average cost: $13 – $23 / plate + drinks and appetizer. Usually $35 / person with (adult) drinks.
Note: I forgot to mention the excellent “Bang Bang Shrimp”. Gotta try them!
This site only seems to map (by default anyway) MSN spaces blogs. It seems that anyone else must manually enter their data.
And that the bloggers in the Tampa Bay area just aren’t that active.
Regardless, go check out the NeighBlogMap of your area, you may be surprised.